In my 15+ years as a professional journalist, I’ve covered everything from consumer travel to enterprise IT, commercial food production, transport, investment and more.
Below you can see a small selection of my work – if you want to know more about my experience, please get in touch.
- Feature: The UK’s energy digitalisation efforts: breaking a vicious circle
- Samsung threatens to pull R&D team from the UK over 6G funding failures
- 6 takeaways from the full HP-Autonomy judgment
- Are British universities holding back tech spin-outs with unreasonable equity demands?
- Civica dumps malware-hit Gloucester council at altar
- BT’s ‘reverse flywheel’ problem: CDIO inks fresh cloud deal, targets £600m/y legacy IT spend
- Foreign Office hacked in “serious cyber security incident”
- Feature: The battle for Agile’s soul
- Flagship Liverpool 5G healthcare network project nears completion
- Big Blue mainframes head for the cloud as IBM launches ZaaS
- EU terminals, oil storage hit by cyber attacks. Industry “caught napping”
- EU Chips Act disappoints, with doubts over sources of €43 billion funding
Informa: white papers
- Agility and Flexibility: Blended Workforce in the GCC [PDF]
- Cautiously Optimistic: Compensation & Benefits Trends Report 2021 [PDF]
- Levelling Up: Technology and Best Practices in Regional Onboarding [PDF]
- Dubai 2021 Guide [PDF] – Dubai’s cultural roots
- The Dubai Diner’s Guide [PDF] – All articles on this spread by me.
- Eight of the best places to visit in New Zealand
- Seven things to do on a stopover in Dubai
- What to pack for a holiday to Dubai: an insider’s guide
- Seven of the best areas to stay in Dubai
William Reed Business Media
- ‘No success model’ for new protein ingredients
- More, please: Holland & Barrett sexes up London with ‘high concept’ store
- Young men shun products with health claims, Spanish study suggests
- Scandalous! Consumers jaded by food scandal media coverage
- Cold War thaw? ASA upholds Taywell Ice Cream complaint from rival Perfect World
- Middle East drives hope for Brazil sweet producers
- New distributor plans organic assault
- Japan struggles to meet Middle East wagyu beef demand
Middle East Economic Digest
- Executive education supplement [PDF] (selected articles)
- A guide to doing business for SMEs supplement:
- Creating the best guest experience [PDF]
- Brands delivered through people [PDF]
- Personal devices enter the workplace [PDF]
- Smartphone makers focus on region [PDF]
- Brunch: the meal Dubai does best [PDF] (extract from Uncommon Dubai guidebook)
- Do It Yourself – time for the region to encourage local innovation [PDF]
- Can Avaya’s fabric-based SDN solutions convince?
ITP Business Publishing
I was editor of Arabian Computer News, the Middle East’s oldest enterprise IT publication, as well as editor of Network Middle East, during my time at ITP between 2005 and 2008. Having gone through several website revisions, most of my work from this time is no longer online – but cuttings can be provided on request.
Corporate clients and older work
As a freelancer I’ve worked with clients including Phonak Communications, Motivate Publishing, Dubai Tourism, Matter Design, Vision magazine and others.
Prior to becoming a freelancer I worked at Emirates airline as a digital communications controller within Corporate Communications from 2010 to 2013, AdNation Middle East from 2008 to 2010, and ITP Business Publishing from 2005 to 2008 (see above).
Examples of my work for these clients/employers are available on request.